One of PDF tools that is necessary to support your office productivity is PDF merge and split software. If you need this kind of application then I recommend you to download free PDFSam. This is absolutely one of the best freeware that can merge pages from separated PDF files and you can also split or break pages from one PDF document into several PDF files.
PDF Sam is an open source PDF software that developed by torakiki and it is available for free download at Sourceforge, thus you don’t have to worry because it is a trusted freeware. After you have downloaded and installed PDF Sam you can run it from start menu. Then choose whether you want to combine PDF files or to split pages from one PDF file. Here is the how to tutorial:
1. Choose “split” from plugin folder (located on the left pane)
2. Add a PDF file you want to split
3. Customize split options. There are several split options there, this step is up to you.
For example, I have 72 pages on one PDF file, I want to split page 10 and 40. So the split result will produce 3 (three) PDF files. First file will contain pages 1-10, second file contains pages 11-40, and the third file contains pages 41-72.
4. Choose the destination folder for the output files. You can also choose output PDF document to Version 1.5 (Acrobat 6), 1.6 (Acrobat 7), and 1.7 (Acrobat 8).
5. Click “Run”
1. Choose “Merge/Extract” from the plugin menu
2. Add PDF files that you want to combine. You can set the order by clicking “move up” and “move down” button.
3. Select destination folder for the output file
4. Select output document PDF version
5. Click “Run”
That’s it… what do you think? In my opinion it is a great PDF tool. Based on software rating, most of users who have been using PDF Sam are satisfied with this freeware. Definitely it is a good freeware to merge and split PDF documents. Interested users can get PDF Sam free download at sourceforge and use it without any cost.Download